The type of Subaru Outback key fob battery replacement is important to consider, as not all batteries will work with every model. You should make sure that you have the right kind before purchasing one since there are other types available but these two popular options – CR2032 3V and CR2025– tend be best suited towards most vehicles on today’s market. Bellow we’ll show you how you can replace your Subaru Outback key fob battery step by step!
The battery in your Subaru key fob is easy to change out and you don’t need any special tools. Simply remove the case of old batteries, put in new ones then reassemble for good measure!
Guide to replace your Subaru Outback key fob battery:
- started, you need to remove the mechanical key. There’s a button at its base and if pressed with your thumb it will lift up out of place so that we can take off this pesky piece!
- With a screwdriver, open the housing of your fob to reveal a control module.
- To remove the battery, simply pull it out of its housing. It will be located in one of two locations depending on which type you have- so no need to worry about removing any adhesive!
- The right battery for your key fob is CR2032 3V and CR2025. There are other types to use but it’s essential that you check with the manual of car on what type will work best in order not have any problems later down road!
- With the new battery in place, carefully replace your control module and watch as it slides back into place.
- If the key fob doesn’t work, check that your battery is charged and in good condition. If you still have problems after checking these two things then it may be time to contact your mechanic.
Replacing your Subaru Outback key fob battery is a simple process that can be done at home. We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions or need assistance with a locksmith issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for reading!